The 10 Points of Unity of the NYC Revolution Affinity are the founding principles of the theory, practice, and perspective espoused on this blog. They are the goals of a revolution. We draw inspiration from the Arab Spring and American Autumn. The idea of the 10 points comes from the Black Panther Party, and the theory of NYCRevolution is highly influenced by Revolutionary Anarchism and Communism as well as the emergence of the new 21st Century left that is combatting globalization from above.
This Blog is inspired by the Arab Spring and American Autumn (Occupy Movement), and is dedicated to the science and practice of revolution in the 5 boroughs of NYC; Revolution which establishes our 10 Points of Revolutionary Unity
- 1.) Free Speech, Free Press: End of Corporate and Governmental Control and censorship of these rights in our communities here in New York City. In particular an end to the violent suppression of 1st and 14th Amendment Rights by the NYPD in dealing with the Occupy Wall Street Movement, and oppressive eviction of Liberty Plaza (Zuccotti Park)
- 2.) Universal Housing: An end to homelessness and poor housing conditions. Our people deserve clean, livable, and affordable places to call home, and an end to the foreclosures and evictions which drive speculation up, home values and whole neighborhoods down, and which could house people living on the streets without shelter. We demand
- 3.) Universal Healthcare: Healthcare is not for sale no matter how much big pharm pays politicians, you can not privatize healthcare and put a price tag on people’s right to life and health. Privatizing healthcare is destroying working and poor people’s access to necessary healthcare.
- 4.) Free Clothing, Food, and Daycare for the Working People to promote the general welfare of society and create strong, free, nourished people who can fulfill the destiny of the human race
- 5.) A Living Wage; Working People need Jobs that pay living wages and support families that build strong communities, which is hard to do when corporations seek to outsource, union-bust, and pay low wages while making high profits
- 6.) Community Control of Police: radically demilitarize policing in New York and turn it over to communities who understand how to protect of their people. We will end stop and frisk and racial profiling as the first order of business
- 7.) Universal Education: Free and quality education Pre K – Graduate School for students, and free and quality vocational education for the people as the most important tool in creating a productive progressive society where the people can reach their potential
- 8.) Direct Democracy: An end to electoral college, corrupt duopoly, and corporate finance election. We demand General Assemblies, Working Groups, and Spokecouncils to fairly represent people, delegate power, and encourage direct participation from the masses; as opposed to the democracy of 1% we live under right now
- 9.) End the Wars and Imperialism: The wars started for profit and oil by the 1st, and the economic control expressed by western companies on the Third World is criminal and against the interests of the People and must be ended forever, and reparations must be paid to all victims from the Native American and Black People to the Iraqi and Afghani People.
- 10.) Social Justice: We demand an end to the gap between the 1% and 99%, we demand a classless and stateless society where the only power is in the people and community